Sunday 4 August 2013

Show 20

I find it hard to believe and thrilling all the same that I hit show 20 already. My submission pool to draw songs from is a little thin in every way. I have a lot of metal submissions, but lack in everything else. So, on a whim I've done something different this week. I played two new bands, did a review of the first ten shows and then wrapped up with one last new band. I promised that if I didn't get more submissions I'd be doing show 11 to 20 on the next show.


Convicted Killer Scientist
From: St Johns NF
Song: September Sequence

The name " Convicted Killer Scientists " originated from a collection of various newspaper clippings that were glued to the musicians wall during what he refers to as a chaotic time period of excess in his life. Considering himself a student in the school of music, all of his albums are his class projects. With hopes to get feedback and acknowledgement from someone other than himself he's now sharing those class projects with the world.






Vuk Lazar
From: Toronto ON
Song: Echo

I'm always on the look out for something new.   I enjoy being able to play an eclectic mix of music on the show, and Vuk helped me achieve that this show.  

*Notes below come directly fom Vuk.

Activity
I have been producing, writing, and singing for about 10 years now. I started to release official singles with labels in 2011 but I am still an independent/unsigned artist based out of Toronto, Canada. So far my releases have mostly been EDM collaborations where I was the featured vocalist and songwriter. However, I am releasing a solo album this year and it will be a unique fusion of electro/ethno/pop. The first single, "Echo" (attached here) has already been released and blogged by a number of prestigious music blogs like TSS, FITA, and The Kollection, among others.  This will be followed by an official music video by the end of summer.  My original songs won numerous competitions at Indaba Music and entered the pre-nomination round of the 2012 Latin Grammys.

Genres
Progressive, Trance, House, Dubstep, Electro, Pop, and RnB.

Collaborators
Louis Botella, Steerner, Tjernberg, Party Killers, Cantoreggi, Diogo Menasso, and Markus Cole.

Labels
Sony Music Sweden, Kontor Records, Ministry of Sound, and LNG Music.

Industry Support
Paul Oakenfold, Robbie Rivera, Markus Schulz, and Roger Sanchez.

Notable Works
"My Time" (by Cantoreggi) was featured on Spotify and has over 250k listens.
"Poison Sound" (with Louis Botella) was played on Canadian FM radio and the official video, shot in Toronto, was included on the Kontor TV Youtube channel, currently sitting at 82k views.
"We Can Fly" (with Party Killers) reached #29 on the hot 100 progressive Beatport charts.
"Wound" has accrued over 480k total views on Youtube.

Other
I am deeply involved in music video production, photography, cover art and develop and manage my own website at www.vuklazar.com. You can find a complete discography there, lyrics, videos, bio, and my EPK (http://vuklazar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/vl-epk-b-MARCH-2013-ROW-REZ.pdf).

http://www.youtube.com/user/vuklazarmusic (though searching for "Vuk Lazar" would be more useful here)

Core
From: South West Ontario
Song: Best Part of Me

Core is: Core, Paul, Kevin, & Mark.  They just recently released their Debut Album.  I played the debut track on show 11.

Persist
From: Guelph ON
Song: Take
Song: The Daze
Touring with 5 finger death punch in september 2013!
Playing The Underground in Hamilton on August 24th

Automatic Toys
Song: Dancing with The Devil

Two Crown King
We Get Down

Delhi 2 Dublin
Master Crowly
Tommy

Larissa Featuring Kola T
DTNA

SoundSwitch
High

Aviator Shades
Chasing Sunsets

December Rose
From: Montreal QC
Came here to party

In My Coma
From: Southern Ontario
Song: Losing Sleep

Two Hours Traffic
From: Charlottetown PEI
Song: Amour Than Amis

Mr Tasty
Song: Slowdown Baby

High Diamond
From: Kitchener ON
Song: Broken

Members are Cat and Ang.

Broken is the bands first release, and was released in May 2013.
Sunday July 21 - playing at Dundas Square for youth day toronto festival.  They perform at 1:30pm




For the review songs I chose songs that I really enjoyed from each show.  Though one show didn't get any songs played as I found it far too hard to pick anything that week.   Maybe one show I'll just do up a mix tape and include stuff from that show.  Who knows.  

We're now 11 months into having my own podcast.  I do all the research, contacting the bands, I host the show and do all the editing.  2 more shows roughly and I'll be into September.  One year show.  Contemplating trying to do something special for that show......   

Any suggestions for the anniversary show?

No comments:

Post a Comment